BHO

Plate 4: Layton's Buildings and the Catherine Wheel Inn

Page 4

Survey of London: Volume 25, St George's Fields (The Parishes of St. George the Martyr Southwark and St. Mary Newington). Originally published by London County Council, London, 1955.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.

Citation:

Table of contents

BOROUGH HIGH STREET

(a) LAYTON'S BUILDINGS, 1889 (p. 12)

Figure 4a:

House at the end of Layton's Buildings, 1889

(b) THE CATHERINE WHEEL INN, circa 1840 (p. 7)

Figure 4b:

The Catherine Wheel Inn, Borough High Street, circa 1840