BHO

Plate 5: The Marshalsea Prison

Page 5

Survey of London: Volume 25, St George's Fields (The Parishes of St. George the Martyr Southwark and St. Mary Newington). Originally published by London County Council, London, 1955.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.

Citation:

Table of contents

MARSHALSEA PRISON (pp. 14–16)

(a) SOUTH FRONT OF NORTH SIDE, 1773

Figure 5a: The south front of the north side of the Marshalsea Prison, 1773

(b) SICK MEN'S WARD AND INSTRUMENTS OF TORTURE, 1729

Figure 5b: Sick men's ward and instruments of torture in the Marshalsea, 1729