BHO

Plate 50: Newington Turnpike and Newington Butts

Page 50

Survey of London: Volume 25, St George's Fields (The Parishes of St. George the Martyr Southwark and St. Mary Newington). Originally published by London County Council, London, 1955.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.

Citation:

Table of contents

(a) NEWINGTON TURNPIKE AND THE ELEPHANT AND CASTLE, 1825 (pp. 46–48)

Figure 50a: Newington Turnpike and a view of the Elephant and Castle Tavern, 1825

(b) SOUTH END OF NEWINGTON BUTTS SHOWING OLD ST. MARY'S CHURCH, circa 1870 (p. 92)

Figure 50b: South end of Newington Butts showing old St. Mary's Church, circa 1870