Survey of London: Volume 38, South Kensington Museums Area. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1975.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
a (left). Royal School of Mines, 1909–13, in 1972. Sir Aston Webb, architect (p. 245).
b (right). Solar physics observatory (foreground) from east in c. 1906–9 (p. 243 note).
The range in the centre of the view is the Southern Gallery formerly bounding the Horticultural garden, and the flat-roofed structure left of centre is the "spirit building" of the Natural History Museum