Survey of London: Volume 4, Chelsea, Pt II. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1913.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
XCIX.—CI.—Nos. 8, 10, 12, CHEYNE ROW.
Ground landlord, leaseholders, etc.
General description and date of structure.
These three houses appear from the character of their brickwork, etc., to date from the latter part of the 18th century, and occupy part of the garden of the Three Tuns, Cheyne Walk. They scarcely warrant detailed description. No. 8 is apparently the oldest of the three, and originally had a gable towards the street. It will be noticed there is still only one window on the second floor, in the centre of its plastered front. Its ground floor is converted into a small shop.
Condition of repair.
In the Council's ms. collection is:—
(fn. 1) View of Nos. 8 to 12, Cheyne Row (photograph).