BHO

Plate 8: Kensington Square, exteriors

Page 8

Survey of London: Volume 42, Kensington Square To Earl's Court. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1986.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.

Citation:

Table of contents

kensington Square: Exteriors

a. (above). The Greyhound, No. 1, in c. 1898.

Figure 8a:

Kensington Square, exteriors

The Greyhound, No. 1, in c.

1898. Build by Henry Webb, bricklayer, 1685-6 (p. 11). Demolished. The arch on the right formerly led to Baron Grant's stables (p. 12)

b. (left). Nos. 15 (left) and 16 in 1969. No. 15 refronted 1883 (p. 21); No. 16 built 1876-7, Geoge Goldie, architect (p. 22)

Figure 8b:

Kensington Square, exteriors

Nos. 15 (left) and 16 in 1969. No. 15 refronted 1883 (p. 21); No. 16 built 1876-7, Geoge Goldie, architect (p. 22)

c. (below). Nos. 44 (left) and 45 in c. 1932.

Figure 8c:

Kensington Square, exteriors

Nos. 44 (left) and 45 in c. 1932.

No. 44 built by Thomas Lawrence, carpenter, 1685 (p. 44); No. 45 built by William Barwell, plasterer, 1685 (p. 45)