Survey of London: Volume 5, St Giles-in-The-Fields, Pt II. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1914.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
XLIV.—No. 16, LITTLE WILD STREET (Demolished).
Little Wild Street was formed about 1690, for a deed, (fn. 1) dated 1st September in that year, refers to a "toft, peece or parcell of ground, being parcell of the garden late belonging to Weld House in or near Weld Streete … abutting towards the south to a new streete or passage of thirty foote in breadth there made or intended to be made, to lead out of Weld Streete towards Duke Streete [Sardinia Street] and the arch in Great Lincolne's Inn Fields."
In the Council's collection are:—
(fn. 2) Little Wild Street. View in 1906 looking north-east (photograph).
(fn. 2) No 16, Little Wild Street. Frieze, etc., of carved deal mantelpiece (measured drawing).
Baptist Chapel, Little Wild Street. Exterior before demolition of adjoining stables (photograph).
Baptist Chapel, Little Wild Street. Exterior after demolition of stables (photograph).
Baptist Chapel, Little Wild Street. Interior (photograph).