Survey of London: Volume 6, Hammersmith. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1915.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
XLIV.—THE COCK AND MAGPIE, No. 170 KING STREET
Hammersmith has long been famous for its old coaching inns and taverns, and an interesting set of water-colour drawings of sixteen of them by J. T. Wilson, in the middle of the last century, is preserved in the Coates Collection. Few have remained to the present day. The Cock and Magpie is a pleasant, long and low building with tiled roof, set well back from the road, part of the forecourt being now occupied by the bar.
Old prints, drawings, Etc.
In the Council's Ms. collection are:
(fn. 1)View from King Street (photograph).