Survey of London: Volume 6, Hammersmith. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1915.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
LXIV.—Nos. 10 and 12 GREAT CHURCH LANE
This pair of Georgian cottages stands almost opposite the lately opened entrance to the District Railway station. A tablet in the garden wall facing the road bears the following inscription:
E L 1748
announcing that No. 10 is part of the endowment of the Latymer Schools. The houses are called respectively Latymer House and Victoria House, and are now occupied by a laundry. The former has had a wide passage cut through it as a cartway.
The buildings retain their old doorways, flush moulded window frames and simple panelled rooms within, which agree well with the date, 1748, of the above panel.
In the Council's ms. collection is:
Victoria House: view of sitting-room, interior (photograph).