Survey of London: Volume 6, Hammersmith. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1915.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
XXXIX.—COTTAGES IN TERRACE COURT
On the north side of Hammersmith Terrace is a little pathway leading at right angles from the roadway and forming part, no doubt, of one of the early footways with which Hammersmith has always been so well supplied. A warple way (fn. 1) hereabouts is constantly mentioned in the entries in the Court Rolls, and although its position has not been definitely ascertained, it probably ran from the Highbridge to Chiswick, at some distance north of the river-bank. Terrace Court would have led from the warple way towards the river. The two cottages date from the 18th century, but have no features of importance to record.