BHO

Nos. 43 and 44, Hoxton Square

Page 140

Survey of London: Volume 8, Shoreditch. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1922.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.

Citation:

Table of contents

XIX.–XX.—Nos. 43 and 44 HOXTON SQUARE.

Ground landlords.

The freeholders and occupiers are Messrs. G. and C. J. Bragg.

General description of structure.

These are two-storey premises, with attics and tiled roofs. The exterior is in brick, with a plain band at first-floor level and a similar band over the windows. The windows have frames flush with the wall, with the glass divided into small panes. The entrance doorways have carved brackets supporting square hoods (Plate 67). Some of the rooms have square deal panelling and moulded cornices. The staircases have moulded close strings and turned balusters (Plate 66).

Condition of premises.

The premises are now used as a chair store, and are in a fair condition of repair.

In the Council's collection are:

(fn. 1)Doorhoods (measured drawing).

(fn. 1)Details of staircase do.

Footnotes

  • 1. Reproduced here.