Survey of London: Volume 8, Shoreditch. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1922.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
XLIV.—NO. 115 CURTAIN ROAD ("MARQUIS OF CORNWALLIS").
General description and date of structure.
These premises, which were originally two houses, consist of public rooms on the ground floor, with two storeys and attics over. The exterior is stuccoed over and some of the windows have their sashes divided into small squares. The premises are roofed with pantiles and probably date from the latter part of the 18th century. The interior is lacking in interest and has suffered by the alterations.
Condition of repair.
In the Council's collection is:
Exterior, front (photograph).