Survey of London: Volume 8, Shoreditch. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1922.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
XLVI.—No. 167 SHOREDITCH HIGH STREET.
Ground landlord, leaseholder, etc.
The freeholder is Mr. J.Bishop, and the occupier is Mr. H. Datzkovsky.
General description and date of structure.
These premises, the site of which in pre-Reformation days was occupied by the gardens of Holywell Priory, consist of a shop with two storeys over and an attic, which is lit by a large five-light dormer window to the front. The roof is tiled. The upper portion of the staircase has moulded close strings, spiral balusters and square newel posts with moulded pendants; the whole being characteristic of the end of the 17th century.
Condition of Repair.