Survey of London: Volumes 29 and 30, St James Westminster, Part 1. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1960.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
Occupied part of the sites of Waterloo Place, the United Service Club and the Athenaeum
The northern part of Carlton House stood in the parish of St. James, and the southern part in the parish of St. Martin in the Fields. The house was described in Survey of London, vol. xx, 1940, The Parish of St. Martin-in-the-Fields, Part III, pp. 69–76.