Survey of London: Volumes 29 and 30, St James Westminster, Part 1. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1960.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
No. 111 Pall Mall
This house stood immediately west of Carlton House and was occupied from c. 1786 until its demolition in 1827 by John Phillips; it was renumbered as No. 110 in 1821. (fn. 1) Henry Holland's sketch book in the library of the Royal Institute of British Architects contains a design for 'Glass Frames' here. There is no evidence that Holland did any other work here, and the house delineated by Coney (pocket, drawing B) was a commonplace structure hardly attributable to him.