BHO

Plate 257: Spencer House, St. James's Place

Survey of London: Volumes 29 and 30, St James Westminster, Part 1. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1960.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.

Citation:

Table of contents

Spencer House, St. James's Place, 1756–66.

John Vardy, architect (p. 518)

a. Staircase compartment in 1926.

Figure 257a:

Spencer House, St. James's Place

Staircase compartment in 1926.

Decoration altered by Sir Robert Taylor c. 1772. Copyright Country Life

b. Drawing of staircase soffit by J. Vardy (see Plate 256b)

Figure 257b:

Spencer House, St. James's Place

Drawing of staircase soffit by J. Vardy (see Plate 256b)