BHO

Plate 260: Spencer House, St. James's Place, in 1926

Survey of London: Volumes 29 and 30, St James Westminster, Part 1. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1960.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.

Citation:

Table of contents

Spencer House, St. James's Place, 1756–66.

John Vardy, architect (p. 518)

a. Small green drawing-room in 1926.

Figure 260a:

Spencer House, St. James's Place, in 1926

Small green drawing-room in 1926.

Copyright Country Life

b. Great room in 1926, looking south.

Figure 260b:

Spencer House, St. James's Place, in 1926

Great room in 1926, looking south.

Ceiling by James Stuart, 1763–4. Copyright Country Life