BHO

Plate 261: Spencer House, St. James's Place, great room in 1926

Survey of London: Volumes 29 and 30, St James Westminster, Part 1. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1960.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.

Citation:

Table of contents

Spencer House, St. James's Place, 1756–66.

John Vardy, architect (p. 518)

Great room in 1926, looking north.

Figure 261:

Spencer House, St. James's Place, great room in 1926.

Great room in 1926, looking north.

Ceiling by James Stuart, 1763–4. Copyright Country Life