Survey of London: Volumes 33 and 34, St Anne Soho. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1966.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
No. 19 Soho Square
Lady Offley was living here in 1691, followed by Madam Maynard from 1692 to at least 1697, and Colonel Waldron from at least 1703 to 1711. Other inhabitants include Lady Vane or Fane, 1713–23; Lady Buckley, 1725–6; William Churchill (who had previously lived at No. 18), formerly M.P. for Ipswich, from 1729 until his death in 1737, and Thomas Lewis, Radnorshire landowner and M.P., 1747–77. (fn. 1)
In 1883 No. 19 was rebuilt for Messrs. Burroughs and Watts, a firm of billiard-table manufacturers who had occupied the house from 1837 and still occupy these premises. The architect was Rowland Plumbe and the builders were Messrs. Longmore and Burge. (fn. 2) The building is of four storeys with an uninteresting red brick front (fig. 5).