BHO

Plate 56: Newport Market area

Survey of London: Volumes 33 and 34, St Anne Soho. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1966.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.

Citation:

Table of contents

Newport Market Area.

Demolished

a. (Left) Grafton Street, (centre) Market Street and old market house in 1880

Figure 56a:

Newport Market area.

(Left) Grafton Street, (centre) Market Street and old market house in 1880

b. Baptist Chapel and Grafton House, Grafton Street in 1880 (pp. 373–4)

Figure 56b:

Newport Market area.

Baptist Chapel and Grafton House, Grafton Street in 1880 (pp. 373–4)

c. (Left) Country market, (right) old market house in 1877 (p. 368)

Figure 56c:

Newport Market area.

(Left) Country market, (right) old market house in 1877 (p. 368)

d. (Centre) Whetten's Buildings, 1733–4 (p. 387), and (right) Grafton Street in 1882

Figure 56d:

Newport Market area.

(Centre) Whetten's Buildings, 1733–4 (p. 387), and (right) Grafton Street in 1882