BHO

Plate 108: Hydraulic Pumping Stations

Page 108

Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1994.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.

Citation:

Table of contents

a. Former Midland Railway Hydraulic Pumping Station, Duthie Street and Blackwall Way, exterior from the south-west and interior of the accumulator tower in 1986.

Figure 108a:

Former Hydraulic Pumping Station, Duthie Street, in 1986.

Former Midland Railway Hydraulic Pumping Station, Duthie Street and Blackwall Way, exterior from the south-west and interior of the accumulator tower in 1986.

John Underwood, engineer, 1881–2 (pp. 626–7)

b. Former Midland Railway Hydraulic Pumping Station, Duthie Street and Blackwall Way, exterior from the south-west and interior of the accumulator tower in 1986.

Figure 108b:

Former Hydraulic Pumping Station, Duthie Street, in 1986.

Former Midland Railway Hydraulic Pumping Station, Duthie Street and Blackwall Way, exterior from the south-west and interior of the accumulator tower in 1986.

John Underwood, engineer, 1881–2 (pp. 626–7)

c (left). Former East India Docks Hydraulic Pumping Station, East India Dock Wall Road, looking south-east in 1994.

Figure 108c:

Former Hydraulic Pumping Station, East India Dock Wall Road, in 1994.

(left). Former East India Docks Hydraulic Pumping Station, East India Dock Wall Road, looking south-east in 1994.

Erected 1857, extended 1877–8 (pp. 637–8)