BHO

Plate 114: Blackwall Good Yards (former East India Company's Pepper Warehouses).

Page 114

Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1994.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.

Citation:

Table of contents

East India Company's Pepper Warehouses, Blackwall (pp. 655–61).

a. Bird's-eye view of the site in 1808

Figure 114a: Blackwall Good Yards (former East India Company's Pepper Warehouses). East India Company's Pepper Warehouses, Blackwall (pp. 655–61).

Demolished

b. Quadrangular warehouse, S. P. Cockerell, architect, 1807–11.

Figure 114c: Blackwall Good Yards (former East India Company's Pepper Warehouses). Quadrangular warehouse, S. P. Cockerell, architect, 1807–11.

Above, looking south-east in the early 1940s and, below, the courtyard looking north-east in 1986 (pp. 656–8)

c. Quadrangular warehouse, S. P. Cockerell, architect, 1807–11.

Figure 114c: Blackwall Good Yards (former East India Company's Pepper Warehouses). Quadrangular warehouse, S. P. Cockerell, architect, 1807–11.

Above, looking south-east in the early 1940s and, below, the courtyard looking north-east in 1986 (pp. 656–8)