Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1994.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
Lansbury Estate, First Phase, 1949–54
a. Market Square and Shopping Precinct from the south-east in the early 1950s (pp. 227–30)
b. Market Square in September 1953.
Sign of the Festival Inn (since demolished) in foreground and the Clock Tower designed by Frederick Gibberd in the distance (pp. 229–30)
c. Trinity Methodist Mission (formerly Trinity Congregational Church), East India Dock Road, in 1993.
Cecil D. Handisyde and D. Rogers Stark, architects, 1950–1 (pp. 225–7)