Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1994.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
East India Dock Road
a. (above) No. 133 (former Sailors' Home), erected 1839–41, in 1947 (p. 139)
b. (left). Poplar Hospital, drawing of the south elevation by Rowland Plumbe, June 1901.
The building was erected in four phases between 1806 and 1902 (pp. 147–9). Demolished
c. Nos 189–197 (odd), left to right, in 1909 (pp. 143–4).
Police Station at Nos 193–5 designed by John D. Butler, 1897–8. All demolished except No. 197