BHO

Plate 53: West India Docks

Page 53

Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1994.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.

Citation:

Table of contents

West India Docks

a. The Ledger Building, North Quay, Import Dock, south front and hall looking towards main door in 1988.

Figure 53a:

West India Docks

The Ledger Building, North Quay, Import Dock, south front and hall looking towards main door in 1988.

G. Gwilt & Son, architects, 1803–4 (pp. 313–15)

b. Inner Perimeter Wall, 1802, forming the north elevation of the Ledger Building and part of No. 1 Warehouse, looking south-east in 1953 (pp. 310–11)

Figure 53b:

West India Docks

Inner Perimeter Wall, 1802, forming the north elevation of the Ledger Building and part of No. 1 Warehouse, looking south-east in 1953 (pp. 310–11)

c. The Ledger Building, North Quay, Import Dock, south front and hall looking towards main door in 1988.

Figure 53c:

West India Docks

The Ledger Building, North Quay, Import Dock, south front and hall looking towards main door in 1988.

G. Gwilt & Son, architects, 1803–4 (pp. 313–15)

d. Blackwall Entrance Lock Impounding Station, 1893–4, looking north in 1894 (pp. 326–7).

Figure 53d:

West India Docks

Blackwall Entrance Lock Impounding Station, 1893–4, looking north in 1894 (pp. 326–7).

Demolished