BHO

Plate 55: West India Docks

Page 55

Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1994.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.

Citation:

Table of contents

West India Docks

a. Canary Wharf Warehouse, 1937, looking north-west in 1986 (p. 295).

Figure 55a:

West India Docks

Canary Wharf Warehouse, 1937, looking north-west in 1986 (p. 295).

Demolished

b. (right). M Shed-Warehouse, South Quay, South Dock, under construction in 1966 (pp. 299–300).

Figure 55b:

West India Docks

(right). M Shed-Warehouse, South Quay, South Dock, under construction in 1966 (pp. 299–300).

Demolished

c. No. 5 Shed, East Quay, Junction Dock, under construction in 1958 (below right) and interior looking north-east in 1989 after conversion to bulk-wine storage in 1974–5 (pp. 307–8)

Figure 55c:

West India Docks

No. 5 Shed, East Quay, Junction Dock, under construction in 1958 (below right) and interior looking north-east in 1989 after conversion to bulk-wine storage in 1974–5 (pp. 307–8)

d. No. 5 Shed, East Quay, Junction Dock, under construction in 1958 (below right) and interior looking north-east in 1989 after conversion to bulk-wine storage in 1974–5 (pp. 307–8)

Figure 55d:

West India Docks

No. 5 Shed, East Quay, Junction Dock, under construction in 1958 (below right) and interior looking north-east in 1989 after conversion to bulk-wine storage in 1974–5 (pp. 307–8)