BHO

Plate 63: East India Docks

Page 63

Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1994.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.

Citation:

In this section

East India Docks Warehouses. All demolished

a. Nos 6 & 7 Warehouses, South Quay, Import Dock, looking south-west in 1957.

Figure 63d:

East India Docks

Nos 6 & 7 Warehouses, South Quay, Import Dock, looking south-west in 1957.

Ralph Walker, architect, 1820–1 (pp. 586–7)

b. Cruciform cast-iron columns in the basement of Nos 6 & 7 Warehouses in 1956 (p. 587)

Figure 63b:

East India Docks

Cruciform cast-iron columns in the basement of Nos 6 & 7 Warehouses in 1956 (p. 587)

c. Nos 8 & 9 Warehouses, erected 1866, looking north-west in 1956 (p. 587)

Figure 63c:

East India Docks

Nos 8 & 9 Warehouses, erected 1866, looking north-west in 1956 (p. 587)

d. No. 1 Warehouse (on right, with flat roof), and Nos 2 & 3 Warehouses, South Quay, Import Dock, looking north-east in 1947.

Figure 63d:

East India Docks

No. 1 Warehouse (on right, with flat roof), and Nos 2 & 3 Warehouses, South Quay, Import Dock, looking north-east in 1947.

Nos 2 & 3 were erected from Ralph Walker's designs in 1814–16 (pp. 586–7)