Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1994.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
East India Docks
a. The south-west corner of the Export Dock looking north in 1826.
On the left is Perry's mast-house, erected in 1789–90 on the west quay of Brunswick Dock, which was retained when Brunswick Dock was converted into the Export Dock (p. 563). Demolished
b. View looking south-east in 1824 showing the Great Steam Engine, right (p. 589), and the bridge over the link between the Export Dock and the Entrance Basin (p. 584).
c. Lock-keeper's cabin built on the eastern pier of the Entrance Lock in 1819–20 (p. 591).