BHO

Plate 66: East India Docks

Page 66

Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1994.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.

Citation:

Table of contents

East India Docks

a. View looking north-west across the Export Dock in c1930.

Figure 66a:

East India Docks

View looking north-west across the Export Dock in c1930.

On the left is the office range designed by (Sir) Edwin Cooper and built in 1922–4 (p. 590). Demolished

b. Perimeter Wall of the Import Dock in 1986.

Figure 66b:

East India Docks

Perimeter Wall of the Import Dock in 1986.

Above, the south-west corner section rebuilt in 1833–4, and, left, an original section of 1806–8 in Leamouth Road, with a blocked gateway recently unblocked and conserved (pp. 591–2)

c. Perimeter Wall of the Import Dock in 1986.

Figure 66c:

East India Docks

Perimeter Wall of the Import Dock in 1986.

Above, the south-west corner section rebuilt in 1833–4, and, left, an original section of 1806–8 in Leamouth Road, with a blocked gateway recently unblocked and conserved (pp. 591–2)