Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1994.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
Poplar High Street Public Buildings
a. The Workhouse and former Town Hall building in c1950.
James Walker, architect, 1817 (pp. 78–83). Demolished
b. No. 126, former Central Public Library, in 1956.
John Clarkson, architect, 1893–4 (pp. 85–6)
c (right). Former Poplar Board of Works Offices in 1986.
Hills & Fletcher, architects, in collaboration with A. & C. Harston, 1869–70 (pp. 63–4)