BHO

Plate 85

Page 85

Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1994.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.

Citation:

Table of contents

a. Cubitt Town from Greenwich in c1857.

Figure 85a:

Cubitt Town from Greenwich in c1857.

Cubitt Town from Greenwich in c1857.

The newly built Christ Church, Manchester Road, is on the left

b. Potter's Ferry slipway, looking south to Greenwich Hospital in 1940 (pp. 484–5, 515)

Figure 85b:

Potter's Ferry slipway in 1940.

Potter's Ferry slipway, looking south to Greenwich Hospital in 1940 (pp. 484–5, 515)

c. Northern Cubitt Town river frontage in 1895: Stewart Street Pumping Station is to the right of centre (p. 539) and the Prince of Wales public house to the left (p. 501)

Figure 85c:

River front at North Cubitt Town in 1895.

Northern Cubitt Town river frontage in 1895: Stewart Street Pumping Station is to the right of centre (p. 539) and the Prince of Wales public house to the left (p. 501)