BHO

Plate 91: Cubitt Town, Churches

Page 91

Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1994.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.

Citation:

Table of contents

Cubitt Town: Churches

a. Christ and St John's (formerly Christ Church), Manchester Road.

Figure 91a:

Church of Christ and St John, Manchester Road, in 1967.

Christ and St John's (formerly Christ Church), Manchester Road.

F. Johnstone, architect, 1852–4 (pp. 507–9). Exterior in 1967, and pulpit with panels painted by J.M. Strudwick

b. St John's, Roserton Street.

Figure 91b:

St John's Church, Roserton Street.

St John's, Roserton Street.

(Sir) A. W. Blomfield, architect, 1871–2 (pp. 502–3). Exterior looking south-west, and interior looking east in 1920. Demolished

c. Christ and St John's (formerly Christ Church), Manchester Road.

Figure 91c:

Church of Christ and St John, Manchester Road, pulpit.

Christ and St John's (formerly Christ Church), Manchester Road.

F. Johnstone, architect, 1852–4 (pp. 507–9). Exterior in 1967, and pulpit with panels painted by J.M. Strudwick

d. St John's, Roserton Street.

Figure 91d:

St John's Church, Roserton Street, in 1920.

St John's, Roserton Street.

(Sir) A. W. Blomfield, architect, 1871–2 (pp. 502–3). Exterior looking south-west, and interior looking east in 1920. Demolished