BHO

Plate 95: Blackwall Yard

Page 95

Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1994.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.

Citation:

Table of contents

Blackwall Yard

a. R. & H. Green's new (upper) dry dock under construction in c1876 and as built in 1878 (pp. 572–4).

Figure 95a: Blackwall Yard R. & H. Green's new (upper) dry dock under construction in c1876 and as built in 1878 (pp. 572–4).

Partially filled and built over, see Plate 157a

b. R. & H. Green's new (upper) dry dock under construction in c1876 and as built in 1878 (pp. 572–4).

Figure 95b: Blackwall Yard R. & H. Green's new (upper) dry dock under construction in c1876 and as built in 1878 (pp. 572–4).

Partially filled and built over, see Plate 157a

c. The lower dry dock, originally excavated in the late eighteenth century, looking south in 1986 (pp. 561, 574)

Figure 95c: Blackwall Yard The lower dry dock, originally excavated in the late eighteenth century, looking south in 1986 (pp. 561, 574)