Thoroton's History of Nottinghamshire: Volume 3, Republished With Large Additions By John Throsby. Originally published by J Throsby, Nottingham, 1796.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
Robert of Coleston, (fn. 1) whose sirname was Lovetot, by the concession of Hugh his heir granted to this priory of Radford the whole compass of the court, which was his fathers in Slaswic. (fn. 2) Robert de Lovetot gave the church of Coleston, and the whole town of Sloswic, as is already set down in Coleston and Wishou, both which the founder and his son had given before, and the rest of the supreme lords of their posterity confirmed.
(fn. 3) Queen Elizabeth, 27 Apr. 18 Eliz. granted to Roger Manners and his heirs, the rectory and church of Graneby, late belonging to Thurgarton priory. The rectory and church of Boney, late belonging to Olvescroft in Leicestershire. That of Annesley exchanged with William Bolles (who had Felley) a tenement in Cossall, late belonging to Newstede; a mess. in Bradmere, late belonging to Lenton priory; and all that tenement lying in the hamlet of Sloswik (within, or) beneath the parish of Warsop in the tenure of James Burgesse; and all lands and tenements in Sloswick, in the tenure of Peter Horwock, late belonging to the monastery of Workesop.