An Essay Towards A Topographical History of the County of Norfolk: Volume 7. Originally published by W Miller, London, 1807.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
BURNHAM ST. ANDREW.
In this church there were 4 portions; the prior of Walsingham was patron of three, and the prior of Peterston had the patronage of the fourth; the rector had a manse, with 20 acres, valued at 30s. and paid Peter-pence 3d. ob. Robert de Brisworth gave two parts to the aforesaid priory.
1309, William de Elmham, presented by the prior and convent of Walsingham.
1314, Robert Mitchel. Ditto.
1349, John de Hoo. Ditto.
1398, Richard Gode. Ditto.
1400, John Clerk. Ditto.
1447, Robert Salle, presented on the death of Edmund Bateyl, to Se. Clement's Burnham, and St. Andrew's church annexed, by the prior.
The patronage is in the Crown.
The manor of Raynham, or Lexham, in Burnham Westgate, extended here