A History of the County of Essex: Volume 10, Lexden Hundred (Part) Including Dedham, Earls Colne and Wivenhoe. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 2001.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
There was one Quaker in 1664, and in 1705 Thomas Bundock's house was licensed for Quaker meetings. (fn. 1) A few Quakers were reported in 1790 and two families in 1810, who presumably attended the Copford meeting. In 1810 some Independents attended a meeting in Layer Breton. (fn. 2) Primitive Methodists were recorded at Heckford Bridge in 1870-1. (fn. 3)