A History of the County of Essex: Volume 4, Ongar Hundred. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1956.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
In 1875 land at Norton Heath was acquired for £10 from a Mr. Caton, and vested in trustees for the erection of a Congregational church. Among the trustees was George A. H. Woods, missionary of Cooks Mill Green, Writtle. (fn. 1) The church subsequently erected is now associated with those at Writtle and, Cooks Mill Green. (fn. 2) It is a small wooden building south of the main road to Chelmsford and is just inside High Ongar parish. (fn. 3)