A History of the County of Essex: Volume 4, Ongar Hundred. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1956.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
Fyfield was one of the places at which a new Congregational church or school was started soon after the formation of the Essex Congregational Union in 1798. (fn. 1) There was, however, no mention of such a church or school at Fyfield in the returns of 1829. A nonconformist mission hall was opened in the village in 1894 and is still in use. (fn. 2) It is a small redbrick building bearing that date.