A History of the County of Essex: Volume 4, Ongar Hundred. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1956.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
ESSEX VICTORIA COUNTY HISTORY COMMITTEE
COL. SIR FRANCIS WHITMORE, BT., K.C.B., C.M.G., D.S.O., Her Majesty's Lieutenant
SIR JOHN RUGGLES-BRISE, BT., O.B.E., T.D., D.L.
Representatives of the following Local Authorities (fn. 1)
Wanstead and Woodford
Frinton and Walton
Braintree and Bocking
Waltham Holy Cross
Lexden and Winstree
Epping and Ongar
Representatives of the following Societies
Barking and District Archaeological Society
Brentwood and District Historical Society
Chingford Antiquarian Society
Essex Archaeological Society
Essex Field Club
Roman Essex Society
Southend-on-Sea and District Antiquarian and Historical Society
Waltham Abbey Historical Society
Walthamstow Antiquarian Society
Woodford and District Historical Society
W. ADDISON, ESQ. (fn. 2)
COUNCILLOR H. A. BRIDGE (fn. 3)
ALDERMAN A. L. CLARKE
ALDERMAN L. DANSIE (fn. 3) (resigned 1954)
F. G. EMMISON, ESQ. (fn. 3)
M. FITCH, ESQ. (fn. 3) (from 1954)
M. R. HULL, ESQ. (fn. 3)
K. J. LACE, ESQ.
E. O. REED, ESQ.
G. O. RICKWORD, ESQ.
F. W. STEER, ESQ. (fn. 3) (resigned 1953)
ESSEX V.C.H. COMMITTEE
ALDERMAN D. THOROGOOD (Chairman)
PROFESSOR F. J. FISHER
E. R. GAMESTER, Esq. (from 1954)
PROFESSOR H. C. DARBY, O.B.E.
CANON J. L. FISHER
Mrs. G. A. WARD
together with the persons marked with a dagger
County Secretary: J. G. O'LEARY, ESQ. (fn. 3)
General Editor: R. B. PUGH, ESQ. (fn. 3)
Essex Editor: W. R. POWELL, ESQ. (fn. 3)