A History of the County of Gloucester: Volume 10, Westbury and Whitstone Hundreds. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1972.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
A room registered for protestant nonconformist worship in 1819 and a house registered in 1838 (fn. 1) were evidently for the Congregationalists or Independents (fn. 2) who built a chapel in 1839. (fn. 3) In 1851 there was no minister but the chapel drew congregations of up to 100. (fn. 4) The chapel, a building of red brick at Churchend, was regularly used in 1968.