A History of the County of Gloucester: Volume 10, Westbury and Whitstone Hundreds. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1972.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
A group of dissenters registered Moreton Hill Farm for use as a meetingplace in 1741. In 1805 a house in the parish was registered for Independent worship, as was another in 1810. (fn. 1) In 1825, however, there was no dissenters' meeting-place in the parish. (fn. 2) In 1846 Quarter Sessions licensed a house in Epney for nonconformist worship. (fn. 3) A house built in 1840, where in 1851 a Wesleyan meeting had an evening congregation of 20, (fn. 4) may have been the same one. No later record of it has been found.