A History of the County of Gloucester: Volume 10, Westbury and Whitstone Hundreds. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1972.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
No record of nonconformity before the 19th century has been found. In 1814 a house was used for nonconformist worship, (fn. 1) perhaps by Methodists, and in 1885 (fn. 2) a Wesleyan chapel was built at the south end of the parish on the Bristol road. (fn. 3) The chapel, in the Gloucester circuit, had a small congregation in 1967. It is of brick, with courses of blue brick, and has narrow pointed windows.