A History of the County of Gloucester: Volume 10, Westbury and Whitstone Hundreds. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1972.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
Woolstrop had a small share in the charity of Giles Cox, founded by will dated 1620, from which up to 1823 the hamlet had received a total of £2. (fn. 1) The charity was regulated by a Scheme of 1957; the income, for the general benefit of the poor of Woolstrop, Whaddon, and Hempsted, (fn. 2) was c. £6 a year in 1967. (fn. 3) Frances Hayward (d. 1786) by will gave £100 to provide houses for the poor of Quedgeley; the houses acquired (fn. 4) were apparently those in School Lane occupied in the 20th century by the schoolmaster and the district nurse. (fn. 5) In 1967 they were privately owned.