A History of the County of Gloucester: Volume 11, Bisley and Longtree Hundreds. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1976.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
The Jewish community which settled in Stroud to work in the wholesale clothing trade had a synagogue near the junction of Lansdown and Slad Road, just within Painswick parish, from c. 1880. In 1889 a new synagogue was opened (fn. 1) on the northwest side of Lansdown nearer the town; (fn. 2) it apparently went out of use c. 1908. (fn. 3)