A History of the County of Gloucester: Volume 11, Bisley and Longtree Hundreds. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1976.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
In 1672 William Hodges, probably the former rector of King's Stanley, registered a house in Shipton for a Presbyterian meeting. (fn. 1) No protestant nonconformists were recorded in 1676 (fn. 2) but in 1743 the parish had 30 Presbyterians. (fn. 3) No later evidence of the meeting has been found.