A History of the County of Hampshire: Volume 5. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1912.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
For reading proofs and otherwise helping to pass this volume through the press the Editor is particularly indebted to the Earl of Malmesbury, the Ven. Archdeacon Fearon, D.D., Mr. J. H. Round, M.A., LL.D., Mr. T. K. Arnold, Mr. Herbert Druitt, Mr. James Druitt, Mr. A. J. K. Esdaile, B A., Mr. W. T. Horton, Mr. W. H. Jacob, the Rev. J. E. Kelsall, M.A., Mr. Alexander Paris, and Mr. John H. Sampson. The Editor cannot omit a special word of thanks to Mr. Percy G. Stone, F.S.A., who, besides the contributions he has made to this volume, has always been ready with advice and assistance in all matters connected with the history of the Isle of Wight, a subject he has made so particularly his own.
The Editor also wishes to express his thanks to the following: Sir George Meyrick, Bart., Mr. W. Dale, F.S.A., the Rev. G. E. Jeans, M.A., Mr. W. A. Lindsay, K.C., F.S.A. (Windsor Herald), the Rev. J. R. Magrath, D.D. (Provost, Queen's College, Oxford), Mr.J.H. Oglander, F.S.A., and Mr. W. Ravenscroft, F.S.A., who have given access to their private muniments or assisted in other ways.