A History of the County of Huntingdon: Volume 1. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1926.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
11. THE HOSPITAL OF ST. GILES, HUNTINGDON
The leper hospital of St. Giles without Huntingdon was in existence hi the 13th century: it was sometimes called ' the house of God and St. Giles.' In 1303 Bishop Dalderby granted an indulgence to those who should contribute to its support. (fn. 1) In 1328 (fn. 2) and again in 1337 (fn. 3) the poor men of the house received a royal license to seek alms throughout the kingdom that they might be able to support themselves. The hospital is not heard of again after the Great Pestilence.