A History of the County of Kent: Volume 2. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1926.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
49. THE HOSPITAL OF THE HOLY TRINITY, DARTFORD
Henry VI on 20 June, 1453, granted licence for John Bamburgh, William Rothele, Roger Jouet, and Thomas Boost, to found an almshouse of divers dwellings of the vicar and churchwardens of the parish church of Holy Trinity, Dartford, and five poor persons to be maintained in it by them, to pray for the good estate of the king and queen, and for their souls after death, and for the support of other works of charity. The vicar and churchwardens were to be masters of the house, and they might acquire lands and rents to the value of £20 yearly. (fn. 1)