A History of the County of Lancaster: Volume 5. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1911.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
In addition to those whose help has been acknowledged in previous volumes, the Editors desire to record their obligations to the following:— Mr. H. Ince Anderton, Mr. S. Andrew, the late Mr. J. Dean, Lieut.Col. Henry Fishwick, F.S.A., Mr. W. Hewitson, Rev. W. Nicholls, Mr. S. Partington, Colonel John Pilkington, F.S.A., Mr. J. P. Rylands, F.S.A., Mr. Giles Shaw, and the Town Clerks of Bolton, Heywood, Middleton, and Rochdale.
For the use of plans and for information regarding the architecture of the county, the Editors are indebted to Messrs. Austin and Paley, Mr. W. D. Caroe, M.A., F.S.A., Mr. Jonathan Simpson, Mr. C. W. Sutton, M.A., Mr. Henry Taylor, F.S.A., Mr. Isaac Taylor, and Mr. Edgar Wood.
For the use of photographs and blocks for illustrations the Editors desire to express their obligations to Sir Lees Knowles, Bart., Lieut.-Col. Fishwick, F.S.A., Lieut.-Col. Pilkington, F.S.A., Mr. A. B. Sparke and the Bolton Library Committee, and Mr. Giles Shaw.