A History of the County of Lincoln: Volume 2. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1906.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
51. THE PRIORY OF TUNSTALL
The Gilbertine priory of St. Mary of Tunstall was founded as a double house before 1164 by Reginald de Crevequer. (fn. 1) He endowed it with the island of Tunstall, the whole of his fee in the island of Hade, the meadow between the islands, and rights of common. (fn. 2) Before 1189 his son Alexander de Crevequer united the house to the Gilbertine priory of Bullington. (fn. 3)
Prior of Tunstall
Alan, occurs prior in 1164 (fn. 4)